This DigitalHealthEurope White Paper summarises conclusions around three themes:
- Digital health literacy, its importance and how it can be advanced.
- Access to and sharing of data:
- The way patients/citizens access their health data and how the access can be promoted.
- How sharing data can be easier to do, yet secure, including the role played by infrastructure.
- Engagement and involvement on the part of citizens and patients.
To reach these conclusions, DigitalHealthEurope undertook an analysis of the work of numerous European projects, initiatives, and proposals for strategic solutions. DigitalHealthEurope’s work also encompassed interviews, surveys, meetings, and stakeholder engagement.