DigitalHealthEurope is pleased to announce the launch of the 2020 Call for Twinnings. The objective is to facilitate the scaling up digital transformation for health and care in Europe.
What’s in it for me?
DigitalHealthEurope offers real opportunities for sites and regions throughout Europe to get together, meet, and share their experiences. The call focuses on supporting local, regional and national health and care providers in Europe (adopters) that wish to adopt innovative solutions which are available for transfer from another local, regional and national health and care provider (originators) in Europe.
Twinning opportunities are available to groups of people, both small and large, with different planning ambitions, diverse levels of capacity, and varying budgetary expectations.
Your opportunity to twin with another organisation or site starts now!
What’s taking place?
The twinning scheme is making available close to 400,000 EUR: in financial support to cover successful submissions, expecting to fund up to 28 twinnings.
The DigitalHealthEurope scheme will:
- support the three priorities for scaling-up digital solutions in Europe:
- Citizens’ secure access to and sharing of health data.
- Better data to advance research, disease prevention and personalised health and care.
- Citizen empowerment and person-centred care in Europe (in particular, citizen/patient-focused solutions and care practitioners’ solutions).
- welcome solutions that can be in the form of products, services, processes, methodologies, strategies and/or business models.
- be open to three types of twinning:
- Knowledge exchange and training.
- Partial adoption.
- Full adoption/acquisition.
- expect attendance at two Webinars focused on capacity-building.
- attract almost 30 sets of twins.
- offer budget to each twinning scheme ranging from 5,000 EUR to 43,000 EUR.
- offer the opportunity to twins that involve full adoption of a solution to showcase their success through a promotional video.
What are the important timelines?
To start preparing your successful submission, it is important to take note of some immediate timelines as well as longer-term ones.
- March/April 2020: A series of instructive Webinars will be held throughout this period to explain all the relevant terms and conditions to prospective twins.
- 4 May 2020: Submissions should be received by this date.
- 1 July 2020: Twinning can start from this date.
- December 2020 to April 2021: DHE twinnings can run up to these dates (depending on twinning type).