Telescopico aims to create a telemonitoring system, teleconsultation and remote assistance for patients with chronic conditions, in particular with chronic heart failure and COPD, at risk of clinical instability. The system ensures a continuous link between specialist (in hospital) and general practitioners, allowing for monitoring of clinical and instrumental parameters of the patients.
The project, through the adoption of the system, aims to validate telemedicine models in the integrated management between territory and hospital about diagnosis and treatment for heart failure, COPD, improve territorial management of these patients, intercept phases of instability before reach criticality, reduce the rate re-hospitalization.
Through Telescopico Project we aim to:
• Reduce the steps of destabilization of Heart Failure patients with chronic Diseases
• Reduce the re-hospitalization
• Optimize the therapy
• To promote the integrated management of Hospital and Territory
• Train specialized nursing figures
• Evaluate the satisfaction Practitioners and patients of this type of management
• Evaluate costs and benefits
The primary end point is to verify the possible use of technological telemedicine devices within integrated management models between hospital and territory of cardio-pulmonary chronic diseases in order to improve its management and to facilitate the integration between specialists and practitioners.
Secondary end points are:
• Reduce the number of hospitalizations for Heart Failure and for COPD in area of interest
• Reduce days of hospitalization for SC and COPD