Developed initially within the REMPARK project (http://rempark.eu/), STAT-ON is a personalised and long-term monitoring device. It permanently registers ON / OFF fluctuations making possible a complete disease management, it is also capable to register falls and activity and postures such as walking and lying. Its main features are:
– Detection at patients’ home environment conditions
– Reliable – More than 90% on sensitivity and specificity on algorithms, being built with the largest existing inertial database.
– Continuous monitoring
– Real-time computation (data can be observed whenever the patient or expert desires)
– Autonomous – The device does not interact with the patient
– Self-calibration – Since every person moves different, the Holter uses first data to self-calibrate the algorithms
– Cloud data transfer.
The measurements and data provided by the holter, helps doctors to make informed and improved decisions for the correct therapy managing of the disease.
STAT-ON was further developed by Sense4care, a spin-off of REMPARK partner Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya. Sense4Care successfully applied for the SME instrument and completed both phases, bringing the solution into the market.