Distance spanning healthcare is a practice stemming from the strategy for distance spanning healthcare where
three prioritized areas for carrying out healthcare at distance are pointed out:
1. Acute assessment between rural healthcare centers and hospitals as well as between hospitals
2. Planned and routine visits/assessments between rural healthcare centers and hospitals as well as between
3. Planned and routine visits/assessments between rural healthcare centers and healthcare centers along the cost
For area 1 and 2 pilot projects have been carried out and routines have been established and implementation is ongoing.
Not however for number 3.
For the work there has been an assigned project manager, project group and steering group. Work has been
focused and carried out in areas in most need of the solutions but also with a readiness/maturity to do the piloting.
The specific objectives have been to create:
1. New ways of working and new opportunities
2. Method for continued development and implementation
3. User and patient-participation
4. Technical solutions and services
5. Organization and regulations
The key aspects which can be transferred to the rest of the county and also to a national level and beyond would be
the knowledge of infrastructure needed in place, which competences need to be present, the maturity and readiness
to adopt technical solutions, digital literacy in both personnel and patient.